21/10/2020 at 3:43 am #1315
Why Young Men
The Dangerous Allure of Violent Movements and What We Can Do About It
by Jamil Jivani
- Publisher: St. Martin’s Publishing Group (All Points Books)
- Format: hardcover, 288 pages
- Language: english
- Author: Jamil Jivani
- Release date: June 25, 2019
- ISBN: 9781250199898 (1250199891)
About The Book
Across the world, we see an explosion of unpredictable violence committed by alienated young men.
Jamil Jivani recounts his experiences working as a youth activist throughout North America and the Middle East, drawing striking parallels between ISIS recruits, gangbangers, and Neo-Nazis in the West.
Having narrowly escaped a descent into crime and gang violence in his native Toronto, Jivani has devoted his life to helping other at-risk youths avoid this fate in cities across North America. After the Paris terrorist attacks of 2016, he traveled to Europe and the Middle East to assist Muslim community outreach groups focused on deterring ISIS recruitment.
Why Young Men is the story of Jivani’s education as an activist on the front lines of one of today’s most dangerous and intractable problems: the explosion of violence among angry young men throughout the world. Jivani relates his personal story and describes his entrance into the community outreach movement, his work with disenfranchised people of color in North America and at-risk youth in the Middle East and Africa, and his experiences with the white working class. The reader learns along with him as he profiles a diverse array of young men and interviews those who are trying to help them, drawing parallels between these groups, refuting the popular belief that they are radically different from each other, and offering concrete steps toward countering this global trend.
MP3 book Why Young Men by Jamil Jivani buy cheap for PocketBook. EPUB Why Young Men download on Bookshop. Hardcover ebook Why Young Men on Booktopia.26/10/2020 at 8:11 pm #300226/10/2020 at 8:48 pm #3004
- There’s No Plan B for Your A-Game: Be the Best in the World at What You Do • Bo Eason • 9781250210821
- The Adventure of the Peculiar Protocols: Adapted from the Journals of John H. Watson, M.D. • Nicholas Meyer • 9781250228956
- The Epic Crush of Genie Lo • F. C. Yee • 9781419725487
- Mr. Know-It-All: The Tarnished Wisdom of a Filth Elder • John Waters • 9781250619464
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.