13/11/2020 at 7:27 pm #4491
The Legend Of The Z Boys
by C.R. Stecyk, Glen E. Friedman
- Author: C.R. Stecyk, Glen E. Friedman
- Format: hardcover, 228 pages
- Publisher: Consafos Press, Us
- Language: english
- Genres: photography, sports, art, memoir
- ISBN: 9780964191648 (0964191644)
- Release date: April 1, 2002
About The Book
The bigger, newly designed edition of an iconic skateboarding book, including additional never-before-seen Glen E. Friedman photos and a new C.R. Stecyk III postscript.
In the early 1970s, the sport of skateboarding had so waned from its popularity in the 1960s that it was virtually nonexistent. In the DogTown area of west Los Angeles, a group of young surfers known as the Zephyr Team (Z-Boys) was experimenting with new and radical moves and styles in the water, which they translated to the street. When competition skateboarding returned in 1975, the Z-Boys turned the skating world on its head. DogTown: The Legend of the Z-Boys is a truly fascinating case study of how an underground sport ascended in the world. These are the stories and images of a time that not only inspired a generation but changed the face of the sport forever.
This volume has been described as “the DogTown textbook” and an indispensable companion piece to the Sony Pictures Classics film Dogtown and Z-Boys. Now spanning 1975 — 1985 and beyond, the first section of the book includes the best of the DogTown articles written and photographed by C.R. Stecyk III as they originally appeared in SkateBoarder Magazine. The second half compiles hundreds of skate images from the archives of Glen E. Friedman — many of which appear in the movie. (Stecyk and Friedman acted as executive producers and advisors for the film.)
The bigger, newly designed edition of the book includes many never-before-seen Friedman photos, along with a new postscript by Stecyk.
TXT ebook Dogtown on Kobo. FB2 book Dogtown by C.R. Stecyk download on Android. MP3 Dogtown read on Bookshop. EPUB Dogtown C.R. Stecyk buy cheap PocketBook.13/11/2020 at 8:04 pm #4495
- The Marrow Thieves by Cherie Dimaline ~ 9781770864863
- The Pearl That Broke Its Shell by Nadia Hashimi ~ 9780062244758
- The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller ~ 9781250189967
- How to Make Friends with the Sea by Tanya Guerrero ~ 9780374311995
- Lost Companions: Reflections on the Death of Pets by Jeffrey Moussaieff Masson ~ 9781250202239
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.